Sustainability • Sustainability
Global benchmarks: Grupo Empresarial Argos companies highlighted for the ninth consecutive year by the Dow Jones Sustainability Index12 November 2021
- Grupo Argos was recognized in the first place worldwide in its industry thanks to its leadership in the management of ESG criteria in its companies in matters of climate change, corporate governance and social transformation. On the other hand, Cementos Argos ranked second globally and Celsia ranked first in the electricity sector in Colombia.
- The prominent places of Grupo Empresarial Argos companies in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index represent a seal of guarantee for investors, clients, collaborators and all stakeholders, increasingly aligned with sustainable products, services and processes.
- The Dow Jones Sustainability Index assesses the quality of company management, strengthening its management of social, environmental and corporate governance issues, and identifies investment opportunities that generate long-term value for global investors.
Grupo Argos, Cementos Argos and Celsia were highlighted in the Dow Jones Sustainability Global Index as relevant leaders in their industries according to the report published by the SAM firm of S&P Global this Friday, November 12, which recognized good practices in the field of economic, environmental and social sustainability of companies registered in stock markets.
Grupo Argos consolidated itself in this measurement for the ninth consecutive year by ranking first in its industry in the Global, Emerging Markets and Latin American Integrated Market, MILA, indices, while Cementos Argos ranked second in the Global Index and in the MILA. For its part, Celsia, Grupo Argos’ energy company, stood out as the best in its industry in Colombia and the eighth in the world.
“We celebrate the outstanding performance of Grupo Empresarial Argos companies in the Sustainability Index and ratify our absolute conviction to mitigate and offset our greenhouse gas emissions to contribute to global efforts to minimize the effects of climate change.” Jorge Mario Velasquez – President of Grupo Argos
Climate change, corporate governance and social transformation: the strengths of Grupo Empresarial Argos in terms of sustainability
- Grupo Argos ranked first worldwide in its industry, standing out in behavior indicators, social and environmental reporting, climate change strategy, water-related risk management, tax strategy and assessment of impacts on society.
- Likewise, Cementos Argos was recognized in the variables of environmental reporting, climate change strategy, water resource management, social reporting, corporate citizenship and philanthropy, materiality, risks and crisis management.
- Due to its customer strategy, risk management, innovation, water-related risks, institutional relations and corporate citizenship practices, Celsia has established itself as the company with the best sustainability performance in the electricity sector in Colombia and the eighth in the world.
For more than 20 years, the Dow Jones Sustainability Index has evaluated the leading companies in 61 industries and 27 countries based on sustainability criteria, awarding a distinction to those that carry out outstanding and comprehensive management of their businesses. Since its inception, it has contributed to consolidating a strategic vision around sustainable development, becoming a benchmark for markets and investors at a global level. This year more than 3,400 companies were invited to participate.
Grupo Argos recognized for its efforts to contribute to the reforestation of Colombia9 November 2022
Grupo Argos is among the 12 outstanding companies in the country for its commitment to sustainability2 November 2022
In this edition of the Colsubsidio Xposible Awards, in partnership with Cecodes, the Grupo Argos Creamos Valor Social program was highlighted
Grupo Argos and Cementos Argos continue to strengthen as global benchmarks in Sustainability according to the 2022 version of the S&P corporate evaluation23 September 2022
Grupo Argos led virtual event of Conscious Capitalism with Raj Sisodia, co-founder and global leader of this movement6 April 2020