The functions as legal representatives of the CEO and the alternates include:
- Legal and extrajudicial representation of the company.
- Implement the resolutions of the General Shareholders Meeting and of the Board of Directors.
- Appoint and remove employees, and assign their responsibilities and compensation.
- Grant legal and extrajudicial powers of attorney.
- Perform acts and execute contracts aimed at fulfilling the corporate purpose.
- Submit a management report to the General Shareholders Meeting.
- Oversee proper and efficient investment of Company funds.
- Submit a report on the intensity of the economic relationships between the parent company and its affiliates or branches.
- Prepare a report for the Shareholders on the reasons to increase the authorized capital or decrease the subscribed capital.
- Comply with and enforce the Good Governance Code.
- Provide the market with timely, complete and accurate information about the financial position and the risks inherent to the company’s business.
Additionally, there is a legal representative for judicial purposes, with broad powers to represent the company in all types of proceedings before public authorities.
Legal Representative for judicial purposes: Jorge Betancourt
The legal representatives are designated by the Board of Directors, among senior administration members of the company. No additional remuneration is granted to the legal representatives by the fact of being designated as such.